Record video while playing
Record during playback. By default the record button is hidden so turn it on by View/Advanced Control.
Default location for saved video is at “My Videos” folder in “My Documents. You may change the default location from tools/preferences/input&codecs/Record directory
Play RAR files with VLC player
VLC player can play videos zipped inside RAR files. Just open and play them just like normal video files. You can even use the seek bar. It can also play files compressed into several files. Just load the first part and it will play.
Convert Audio and Video formats:
- Go to Media>Convert/Save.
- Add the file you want to convert and click Convert/Save.
- Now choose the output format and output file location.
Save YouTube videos
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video.
- Click on Media>Open Network stream. Paste the URL and click Play.
- Once VLC starts streaming, click Tools>Codec Information
- Copy the URL and paste it on your browser’s address bar (IE)
- Only IE prompts for download. I notice other browsers just play inside their windows.